24 May Assuta Doctors
Posted at 11:43h in 16. User centered design considerations, 30. Continuous improvement, Israel 0 Comments
- Objectives of the Assuta-doc app: fully operational app that enables doctors to monitor patients but also enables patients to be prepared for all procedures in the medical centre; to leverage doctor/patient model; to enable rapid response for all “red flag” alerts set up by doctors.
- It proved to be crucial to involve doctors, medical staff, ICT staff, administration and patients.
- The main barrier was to make doctors use the app.
- The main success factors were that doctors started the development, and that the process was technically and organisationally aligned.
- Lessons learnt: you need to co-design with the user and to build apps to support the workflow, particularly when dealing with doctors. In the first version doctors complained, so they realized that they should sit with doctors while developing the app.
Assuta Medical Centers Ltd