20 Dec WP5 – POLICY AND INNOVATION. Policy Framework. Document contributing to the Policy Framework for EU on Cross-Border Adoption and Assessment of Innovation
- Download 207
- File Size 3.37 MB
- Create Date December 20, 2021
The Work Package 5 –Policy Framework aims to contribute towards developing a policy framework for EU on cross-border adoption and assessment of innovation in mHealth to helppave the way for moving towards a “Single HealthcareDigital Market” in Europe. Moreover, the Policy Framework described in this report aims to contribute to the development of a Common Policy Framework for mHealth in Europe, by sharing lessons learntand recommendations, with the goal of promoting harmonization.
The Policy Framework targets primarily policy makersand implementers. Even so, app developers, industries, academia, research institutionsand end-users (citizens and healthcare professionals) are seen as key actors for the Policy Framework development, and their role should be highlighted.
This final report describes the work developed to achieve such a Policy Framework, regarding methodology, results, conclusions,and recommendations for the target audience.
The methodology followed by the European mHealth Hub research team comprisedseveral steps:
- Definitionof the mHealth Hub Strategic Policy Areas;
- In-depth desk researchto identify relevant mHealth(eHealth)-related policies on several policy areas;
- In-depth análisis of such policies, extracting the most relevant information for policy recommendations and guidance;
- Interview process with relevant stakeholders in the realm of policy making and some experts on developing and deploying policies related to mHealth;
- Concrete set of procedures, measures and actions that constitute the Policy Framework and provide information on how to develop and advance mHealth policies and strategies.