07 Oct Hub Talk #6 – Patient centric approaches in mHealth
On 22nd September, the European Innovation and Knowledge mHealth Hub organised the sixth session of the Hub Talks series to disseminate the Hub’s activities and mHealth.
On this edition, the webinar focused on patient-centred approaches to mHealth. The set up of large scale mHealth programs is hindered by organizational, technical, economic and cultural barriers that require tailored adaptations to be set up progressively, and integrated in current care services. Our aim was to exchange experiences and learn how other countries and regions have overcome barriers, which can be useful to accelerate the whole process in other places.
With Michelle Brogan, from Digital Health & Care Innovation Centre in Scotland, acting as moderator, the Hub Talk counted with the participation of:
- Violeta Perez Nueno, WHO. She introduced the topic and highlighted the importance of moving from a disease-oriented approach to a patient-centred perspective.
- Ozan Beyhan, Turkey Ministry of Health, participated with the paper “Implementing large scale mHealth solutions for diabetes in Turkey” and introduced Proempower and how they are developing this project.
- Lorenzo Gios (Autonomous Province of Trento) and Massimiliano Petrelli (Ospedali Riuniti Marche) explained what TreC Diabetes is about and how they conducted the diabetes study applied to the region, respectively.
- Santiago Martinez, Adger University, highlighted the importance of a collaborative approach to user-centred application design. All stakeholders are needed to build a good solution.
- Maddalena Illario (Federico II University) and Istvan Kosa (Hungary Ministry of Health) closed the session. They presented how the Hub Knowledge Tool 2 for diabetes is being applied in Hungary. They also confirmed the necessity of joining forces between the different actors involved in the construction of this system, being essential to develop a strong funding system.
As always, it was an enriching session for all attendees. You can check out the full webinar in this video.